Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Winter Hat






As I prepared to walk this morning at 5:30, I picked up my trusty little knitted hat that my niece Lori made for me, when she was 12 years old! It is the best hat, fits my head, and it is cute! Now, lets see.....if she was 12 when she knitted it for me and she is now 51 year of age, that doesn't seem possible at all! The hat is 39 years old! It still looks so good.
She knitted another hat, and I don't know how old she was then, but I use hat that too! Thank you Lori! I love my hats!

I also have someplace in this house a hand knitted poncho that my sister knitted for me. It is a 70's item. Gold in color. One of these days I am going to get it out and wear it! It certainly must be pretty warm!

Thinking back over the years, you know 39 years isn't very long ago, to me it seems like yesterday. I remember babysitting my niece and nephews, WOW time does fly!

Enjoy my hat pictures.

I think of my niece everyday when I go to put my hat on!

Thanks again for the memories!!!

No comments: