Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 9 Mt. Rushmore & Badlands






Hi from the Badlands of South Dakota.

Today was just a perfect day for perfect weather! We traveled from Deadwood to Mt. Rushmore and then to the Badlands.

Mt. Rushmore is such a magnificent place. We could walk to the base of the mountain and take pictures. Of course I got a ton of pictures. I can't wait to get home and compare my Dad's pictures of Mt. Rushmore in 1955.

Won't be the same I am sure.

Then the next stop was the Badlands. There are peaks and gullies everywhere. This land is like a mysterious elsewhere! Like what might be on the moon, or Egypt or somewhere like that. They say the time of day changes the colors of the badlands. I remember that they were really red in color. They could have been and maybe not. I was just 9 years old then.

We had a good day! Saw some interesting things and met some nice people along the way.

Next stop.......Minnesota.........then Michigan!

Until tomorrow night.....

Sweet dreams.

No comments: