Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mantyla Reunion July 2008






Carl and I traveled to Sandy Pines Resort in Dorr, Michigan to attend the Mantyla Family Reunion & celebrating a 55th Wedding Anniversary this past week-end. Married for 55 years would be Nancy and George. Congratulations to both of you! That is so great! The weather was just perfect! Just like the party - perfect!
We ate and ate, we laughed and played a game call Cornhole! What a great fun game for all of us big kids! Dave and Lori made the game and brought it so we could all play. What fun!
Nancy (my sister) and George Mantyla, have 3 children. Richard who is the oldest has 2 children, Jack and Rachel (Rachel couldn't make the party). Lori and Dave Anderson have 5 children, 2 daughter-in-laws and 1 grandchild and one on the way in October. Tom and Cathy Mantyla have 2 children, Michelle and Michael.
John (Nancy and Sally's brother) and Connie (just like a sister to us) came over Monday from Clarkston to attend the festivities. John and Connie have 4 girls and a son-in-law. The Morgan girls couldn't make the party.
Sally and Carl have 2 children, Rick and Amy. Rick arrived on Sunday to meet this cousins and second cousins again. Lori, Amber and Courtney also came along to join the festivities. Amber got to drive around in a golf cart, they even ran into some buddies they knew. Amy who lives in Brandon Florida couldn't make the trip this time, she was missed by her cousins! Rick also came back on Monday.
The party started on Saturday night at the Anderson's home and then followed on Sunday and Monday at George and Nancy's summer place at Sandy Pines Resort.
Today Richard returned to Anchorage and Jack got on a plane for Columbus,Ohio. Tom and Cathy and family will leave tomorrow for Chicago and then they fly home to California.
We all live so far away! Thank goodness for planes, trains and automobiles!
It all started with Dick and Dora Morgan. The family count is 31 and one more to arrive soon! Way to go! Wouldn't they be proud!
It was so good to be with family! That is what life is all about!!
Until we all meet again, God Bless everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Susie Lee and I came across your blog while I was searching for information about a friend I had in high school in Steamboat Springs, CO, Lori Mantyla. She and her family moved away from Steamboat in about 1971 or 1972, and she had an older brother, Dick, and a younger brother, Tom. After reading about your reunion I am pretty sure that you are her aunt and uncle. I have been going through some old letters, etc., this summer and had saved some of Lori's letters from after she left Steamboat. They ended about the time she met and was planning to marry "Dave", but I didn't know his last name. Anyway, I would love to reconnect with her and wondered if you could pass her address or email address on to me. Thank you so much! My email address is susielee_stmbt@hotmail.com, and I still live in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

P.S. I think I identified Lori in one of your pictures, but I wasn't positive!