Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June 30 Whitehorse to Watson Lake YT

Today we left Whitehorse, YT the capital of the Yukon at around noon. For some reason we were having a problem getting out of town! My GPS was giving us the right directions but we didn't want to believe it. This GPS couldn't find the stupid Walmart store I guess it must be the operators fault!
I drove the Alaskan Highway today. 224 kilometers or 138 miles. It was pretty intense, up hills, down hills, no guard rails, through narrow bridges, I did well!
We saw the backside of what we couldn't see going 2 weeks ago. Still very pretty scenery! The lakes and streams are just so beautiful. Take that dark blue water flowing and those beautiful green trees and foilage. Breath taking!
We are staying at the Downtown R.V. Park, here in Watson Lake. Carl cleaned the windshield, did maintenance work, I cleaned the inside, did laundry.
We are calling it a day.
Tomorrow we are heading down the Cassier Highway! We shall see what the Cassier has to offer! I hope a lot of animals.
Goodnight!

No comments: